State of accessibility in linux

Scott Howell s.howell at verizon.net
Fri May 26 16:20:52 EDT 2006

That depends on what you mean. I don't think Speakup needs much more
if really anything. If your looking at accessibility to the console
and console-based apps, you'll find Speakup to be more than a viable
solution. If you are referring to access to the gui, then Speakup
isn't the tool. Not that it isn't possible, it wasn't written to be a
Gnome or KDE access solution.
Accessibility is a matter of what your trying to accomplish and then
finding the tools to do the job.

Scott