here's how to compile espeak on slackware

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Fri May 12 14:19:01 EDT 2006

It seems to be something strange to slackware, don't know if it is the way
the provided packages were created. It just requires on slackware for you to
add that -lpthread to the Makefile of espeak. May be worth noting what the
error is and adding a comment about this in the installation notes (possibly
saying it seems to be the case for slackware).

From
Michael Whapples