Trouble compiling eSpeak under slackware 10.2

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue May 9 18:23:48 EDT 2006

I also remember when I was setting up my slackware machine with espeak and
portaudio, I needed to make a link, something like,
ln /usr/local/lib/libportaudio.so.0.0.18 /usr/lib/libportaudio.so
This is because the pre-compiled version of espeak expects libportaudio.so,
but compiling portaudio from source does not provide that filename.

>From
Michael Whapples