debian installation question

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Mon May 8 04:49:04 EDT 2006

Hi

Well not exactly like other operating systems.  Linux is an operating system of choice.  I guess you have one machine which you only want Linux and nothing else installed?  When you have the freedom to dedicate x amount for users and x for the operating system, choices have to be made.  The debian installer is not that intimidating.  There's no way of not needing basic knowledge of the hardware to which any operating system is to be installed.

Maybe you want to look at the grml disk, which is a live CD.  Just put it in your CD drive and after a few seconds type something like "grml speak".  This will enable you to see / hear an operational system but it is not installed on to the hard disk but just in memory.

I believe that there was a way of installing Redhat in an aumated fashion but you'll have to ask Redhat / Fedora users about that one.

Maybe if you offered a little more of your request, we can point you in the right direction.

HTH

Gena

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 04:39:18PM -0700, hank wrote:
> hello is there a version of speakup, or debian or something where I can put the cd in hit inter, it installs linux reboots then prompts me with a log in screen with everything set to go?
> kind of like a autounattended cd?
> thanks
> hank

---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux