On the subject of amateur radio...

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Sat May 6 13:53:36 EDT 2006

Hi

Well I didn't realise that there were that many hams hanging out here, wow!

I wonder how many have or do today use packet?  If so, what software do you use?  I've found that linpac is a pain while listen and call being too basic.  What about the other digital / data modes?  A friend back in Northampton likes to use UI View, although he can't see the map, he can hear whether local stations are out and about and he can text chat to them.  Has APRS taken on over there as over here?

Look forward to your comments on linux software!

Cheers 73

Gena 2e0axu

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux