Amateur radio licensing

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sat May 6 11:32:32 EDT 2006

On May 6, 2006, at 10:51 AM, Glenn at home wrote:

> That is not true.
> Glenn

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV       | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy at brannan.name   | Your phone and computer can really pay!
888-75-BUDDY (888-752-8339) | More info at http://www.tastybiz.com
AIM/Skype/Yahoo: kb5elv     | Check out the extensive selection of
MSN: kb5elv at hotmail.com     | Watkins' essential products:
http://buddy.brannan.name | http://www.tastyshop.net

Actually, it is, with the following in mind:

1) Your callsign is issued based on the state in which it was
originally issued. That is, if you pass a license exam and when you
get your normally issued call, it will be issued based on your state
of residence. If, after that, you decide to apply for a vanity call
(at an extra fee), you can get one with any call district designator,
with the only limitation being that it has to be a call available to
your license class.

2) If, after you receive your license, you move to another call area,
you may keep your original callsign. I, for instance, got my call
issued initally in Texas, which is in the fifth call area. I now live
in Pennsylvania, which is in the 3rd call area. I was not required to
get a new call due to my move.

4) You may use your call in any part of the country, portable or
mobile. yes, there is a regulatory diifference between portable and
mobile.

Buddy, KB5ELV/3