eSpeak abbreviation question

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Fri May 5 02:50:22 EDT 2006

Hi,
When using the generic module in speech-dispatcher, it is relatively easy
to implement an exception dictionary just using sed.
I had to do this when testing an Afrikaans speech synth which is in
development as it could at the time not speak numbers.
Espeak itself, has an exception dictionary, so one can change things right
there in the tts engine.
HTH
Willem