Back on the list - Speakup updates?

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Thu May 4 19:00:57 EDT 2006

I have also made some modifications, but it has some problems with pitch
shift for capitals, so I don't feel my mods are ready for distribution. If
speakup pitch is set to 8, and then a capital is reached, it just stops the
speech and it won't start again without being restarted, (don't know what is
doing this, I think it might be my choice of pitch conversion). I am
considering making a program to communicate directly between speakup and
espeak, but I am currently very busy. so this may not be done immediately.
Also it might require me making a few small changes to espeak (or details on
modifications) to actually make things work best. The reason is that the
generic speech-dispatcher module system works well, but I think even better
results could be achieved with a specific system. Hopefully even though this
is not working to get a speech-dispatcher module created, there would be
some stuff that might be useful for speech-dispatcher that could come out of
it.

From
Michael Whapples