Back on the list - Speakup updates?

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Thu May 4 17:30:17 EDT 2006

Hello,
As already suggested, software speech, espeak
(http://espeak.sourceforge.net), infact there is a more up to date version,
1.10, you may have noticed it there if you have already gone to the website.

One feature that has been added to speakup since you last used it is window
reading, where you can monitor one section of the screen for changes
(particularly good in alsamixer, set it to view line 5, I think, it will
read which control you are on perfectly).

Good to hear that slackware is finally going to have kernel 2.6 by default,
just hope they update the version of speakup as well, as the one included
currently is very old.
From
Michael Whapples