googling tips?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu May 4 16:46:37 EDT 2006

Another tip:

You can put a google search form on your own homepage so you don't have to
tab through to the search field on google's homepage each time you want to
do a search.  For example see my homepage:

http://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/

When I want to do a search, I hit the hotkey for returning to my homepage
and since the search form is the first thing on the page, I'm already in
the search field. Type in a search term, press enter, done.

Next thing I'm going to do is write a screen scraper program to connect to
the google server, get search results, parse the results page, and display
just the results. I'm going to get rid of all that dreck google has added
over the years.