googling tips?

Glenn at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Thu May 4 11:06:06 EDT 2006

When I use Google, I usually use just quotes and the plus sign.
For example:
If I was investigating some tips on how much yeast to use for making wine, I
would use:
"making wine" + yeast
In the above example, the quotes will treat "making wine" as one thing,
keeping them together, and it will find web pages that also include the word
yeast, but not necessarily next to the term "making wine".
I know that there a lot of other forms of punctuation to use in a similar
way, but this has been working pretty good so far.
Glenn