patching 2.6.16 with speakup-2.0

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon May 1 17:25:24 EDT 2006

At 02:40 PM 5/1/2006, Gregory Nowak wrote:
>The speakup 2.0 tarball will not patch into a 2.6.16 kernel. You need
>to check speakup out of cvs, which should be fixed as of now, at least
>according to the post on the cvs mailing list.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember hearing that before. But there
are directions on the speakup web site for patching a 2.6 kernel. It even
specifically says to run 'make mproper' bbefore running the install script
if you're patching a 2.6 kernel.

But no complaints here. Speakup rocks. I just didn't want anybody to think
I was that dumb. :-)

Besides, the CVS archive does seem to be working.  So that's better anyway.
I'm doing a make-kpkg as I write this. So, with any luck, I will shortly
have a kernel that will run on my little soekris computer on a card.