samba setup problem

Ned ngranic at cox.net
Mon May 1 00:21:39 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I succeeded in setting up the samba, that is , partially.
Namely, when I try to open the workgroup directory from Windows I created in /home/cis debian dir, windows gives me the following err:
path not found"
In the smb.conf file, the netlogon parameters are set as follows:
domain logons = yes
logon home = \\%U   ; I think this line is problem
logon path = \\%U\ntprofile  ; and this one
logon drive = c:
timespace server = yes  ; not sure where this line came from
os level = 99
domain master = yes
; here is one line missing, don't know which one -- maybe:
; local master = yes
path = /home/samba/netlogon  ; netlogon is a new dir
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
share modes = no

So... I know there is something missing, and there is something extra, and there is definitely something wrong in these couple of lines.
The question is: What?

Many thanks in advance!
Ned