New Linux PDA For Blind People

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Fri Mar 31 18:15:35 EST 2006

Hello all,

Lets not be unrealistic here. The developers of this machine are out to make
money. Their not out to help all us por unfortunate blind people. We don't
live in an ideal world, People don't ordinarily write accessible software
out of the goodness of their heart and Microsoft won't start shipping screen
readers with their operating systems.

My point is: Lets stop debating amunxt our selves. Stop complaining that we
have to pay higher prices for accessible hardware and software. Lets face
it, most of us would charge the same if not more if given the chance and why
not! A lot of development and research go into these things.

I've read some really thought out messages regarding this topic in the last
few days. I'd say one thing to the authors of these rants: "Do you not think
your energy would be better spent attacking software developers such as
adobe and Microsoft rather than writing pointless arguments on a list where
lets face it, most people hate paying for windows software never mind access
software to read it!

That's my minor rant over for the night.

Darragh