New Linux PDA For Blind People

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Mar 31 11:23:44 EST 2006

Actually, there's an even bigger question along the same lines.

If they build in access for blind people, why not for all other groups
that constitute persons with disabilities? Shouldn't you be able to have
it if you have no arms? What about deaf users? The list goes on.

Even if we accept the arguments proposed in this thread, you still have
to answer why this minority group and not others.

There's a lot to be gained, imho, from making devices more generally
usable. I'm not against that today, and I've worked for that goal for
many years. But there comes a point when a specialized device just
delivers better performance. I think the Owasys screenless phone I'm
selling does that, and I think the Icon will do that. But, if you want
to stick with the mainstream, that's cool to. Hey, it's a free country.