software synth

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 31 09:50:46 EST 2006

This may be a case of differing expectations because I am also using 4.6.

But yesterday, I used my laptop as a dumb terminal and installed debian on
5 machines.  I set the  console to ttyS0,115200n8 and ran kermit on my
laptop.  It was good enough.

although, I do run emacspeak and not speakup on my laptop. That may have
something to do with it.  For $50, I've been happy with DECtalk.