New Linux PDA For Blind People

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Thu Mar 30 20:52:28 EST 2006

I disagree -- making a mainstream computer blind friendly costs quite
a lot by someone -- its not just voice synthesis -- its getting the
right info to the synthesizer which costs so much because Microsoft
does not provide the appropriate hooks in theirOS to do it simply and
because applications are not always well behaved -- look at the
trouble they had to do to to make Microsoft Word accessible -- it took
quite a number of man years to do that.

on Thursday 03/30/2006 Scott Howell(s.howell at verizon.net) wrote