New Linux PDA For Blind People

Scott Howell s.howell at verizon.net
Thu Mar 30 20:44:50 EST 2006

I only have one question to your statement, why. Wher eis the answer
to the question a vendor will ask. Why should we spend the money on
research and development for such a small group as compared to the
whole. Hey I am not disagreeing with you, but trying to again point
out the very question the manufacturer/vendor will ask. Just because
its the right thing isn't going to be an answer to the shareholders
and those with a financial interest and only are interested in
profits. Isn't that what its all about? Features in any product are a
result of what the masses want, but you can bet that a lot of time
and money went into choosing those features before the product ever
ended up in production. What would be interesting is if a company
would do a survey of sorts or somehow determine if the sighted masses
would enjoy having their e-mail read to them or whatever and see what
kind of feedback they would receive. I think if there was a real
interest, then you can bet products would be made accessable out of
the gate. I think a talking cellphone is a perfect example where
everyone would benefit. Maybe people would spend more time dialing or
selecting a number from the phone book by listening and pay more
attention to watching the road.

Scott