New Linux PDA For Blind People

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 30 14:50:44 EST 2006

Most companies who've put speech into appliances for the mainstream market take it out because the novelty doesn't
sell, and/or as in the case of the Sharp Voice Coach, sighted folks complain saying the voice is patronizing.

I don't think most companies are going to go to an Open Source model any time soon, except where they are forced to
as in the People's Republic of MA.  (grin)

Nick

Nick