debian gnopernicus question

Marcel Oats moats at orcon.net.nz
Sat Mar 25 18:22:15 EST 2006

Hi, last time I checked, they only had 0.99 in their stable distro.  I
didn't do this yet, but apparently there is an entry you need to change
in a config file for the festival speech synth to point to the correct
hostname.  I actually did go through the exercise of bringing sources
down and compiling etc etc on Fedora, but even when I did that, I never
got it working.  I kind of gave up, though it was more due to laziness.
Mind you, I sometimes think their instructions to make it actually go
aren't that useful anyway.

I'd just love to be able to do an apt-get and start using it after
making a few simple config changes, rather than hunting and pecking
round the system.

Marcel, the fussy.