Did my patch fail?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 22 10:36:20 EST 2006

I'm trying to build a speakup enabled kernel. I think I have done something
wrong. Below is  a screen-shot of the error I got while trying to install
the patch. I am trying to apply the patch to kernel source code somebody
else downloaded.   That may be the problem but it would be troublesome to
re-download. I'm hoping somebody can tell me how to proceed.

# apt-get install kernel-patch-speakup
# cd /usr/src/linux
# /usr/src/kernel-patches/all/apply/speakup
Patching version v26
Creating .orig files [...............] done.
Patching files:
patching file arch/arm/Kconfig.speakuporig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 741 with fuzz 1 (offset 141 lines).
patching file arch/mips/Kconfig.speakuporig
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1502.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file arch/mips/Kconfig.rej
#