how to find out about drives?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Mar 18 20:43:12 EST 2006

By putting /home as 400, you're taking away execute permissions on it,
and you need those if you expect to be able to cd into a
directory. For /home, I'd recommend 755, and for /home/user I'd
recommend 711. Others on here may have different recommendations.

As for your proftpd question, debian has a proftpd-doc package, which
will give you lots of goodies in /usr/share/doc/proftpd-doc once you
install it.

Greg