help with proftpd?

Tyler Littlefield compgeek13 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 00:22:01 EST 2006

Hay,
would someone be willing to go over my proftpd configuration file?
here it is...
Thanks,
ServerName "Ty's domain ftp server"
ServerType   standalone
DefaultServer   on
Port    21
MaxInstances   30
IdentLookups on
ServerIdent on "Slackware ftpd ready."
LogFormat default "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
LogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t \"%r\" %s"
LogFormat write "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
ExtendedLog /var/log/ftp_auth.log AUTH auth
ExtendedLog /var/log/ftp_access.log WRITE,READ write
Umask 022 022
<Limit LOGIN>
DenyGroup !ftp
deny user !Anonymous
</Limit>
<Global>
RootLogin off
RequireValidShell on
</Global>
<directory ~*>
<Anonymous /ftp>
DefaultRoot /ftp
   User                       ftp
   Group                nogroup
   UserAlias                  anonymous ftp
   DirFakeUser    on ftp
   DirFakeGroup on ftp
    RequireValidShell         off
   <Directory *>
     <Limit WRITE>
       DenyAll
     </Limit>
   </Directory>
<directory /ftp/uploads>
     <Limit WRITE>
       AllowAll
     </Limit>
</Anonymous>
<ftp ~>
DefaultRoot ~
<directory *>
AllowAll
</directory>
</ftp>
the thing with this, is it will let users in annonymous, so the people can login, but they have to know I support it.
It is kind of dumb, but. it works.
then, ftp is the group I add all users into, to give them ftp access, if proftpd sees that they have ftp group, then they have ftp group...
Just thought I would explain a few things.
The error I get when I connect to this is
connection reset.
proftpd doesn't give me any errors though.
Thanks,