Slight speech irregularity with grml

Jim Wantz jwantz at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 14:46:53 EST 2006

Hi,
When I boot up GRML and I get speech working, I hear double keystrokes
when I type the first two times after the prompt.  When I hit the 3rd
keystroke, the first two characters are pronounced.  This behavior is
exhibited with both software speech and  the Doubletalk lt.  I have no
reason to think it wouldn't be the same with another hardware synthesizer
like my Transport Classic.  I have tried the cheat codes of:
vga=15440, vga=15492 and vga=normal with no obvious results.  Has anyone
solved this problem?  Hardly a show stopper, but its slightly irritating.
Thanks.

      Jim Wantz