GETING STARTED WITH GRML QUESTION

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat Mar 11 10:20:33 EST 2006

* David Harvey <david at d-w-harvey.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all your help I now have GRML going.  However I've now created my
> Linux 82 partition on /dev/hda1p2
> which is what the synth says.

> I want to have the capability to have a swap partition as well as my Win XP
> system and the GRML install on another partition.

> So it's like this:

> /dev/hda1 Win XP
> /dev/hda1p2 GRML
> /dev/hda1p3
> swap

Partitions inside partitions - interesting partition setup. ;)
You just have to initialize the swap partition running:

  mkswap /dev/hda1p3

grml will detect and use the swap partition then automatically.
If not, make sure there's an swap-entry in /etc/fstab like:

/dev/hda1p3 none swap defaults 0 0

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins