script to load software speech automatically

Chris Norman cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk
Sun Mar 5 07:35:50 EST 2006

From: "Scott Berry" <electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com>
To: <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:13 AM
Subject: Re: script to load software speech automatically

Okay well mine actually loads the software speech so it wouldn't do
what you want.

Would you mind posting the code for that please? I'm just starting with
Linux really, and software speach is proving a problem really, I'm finding
that there is no easy way to get it going. I hate to say it, but I quite
like just putting the SuperNova disk or Jaws disk in my windows machine and
having it talking. I think a lot of users will be lost if they can't get the
maching to talk easily - the only reason I'm sticking with it is because I
really like Linux, and because I'm a geek. :-D

--
Scott Berry
electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Check out the new Audacity4blind mailing list at:
audacity4blind-request at freelists.org

Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info