backup speakup reflecter repost with corrections

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Thu Jun 29 15:35:33 EDT 2006

Oops, reposting this because we had to move the port on coral.yi.org.  Ignore the previous post.

Hello folks.  Because my office will be moving to a different location
on July 5 and possibly 6, I have created a backup speakup reflecter at
coral.yi.org:4084.  My heart felts thanks to Keith Watson, who
graciously  agreed to host a backup reflecter.  We have decided to leave
both reflecters up so that if one is down, people can just use the other
one, and continue to have communications.

The reflecter at gene3.ait.iastate.edu:4074 will definitely be down on
July 5 while my office is being moved.  Hopefully only for 2 or 3 hours,
but if it takes longer, the reflecter at coral.yi.org will be up, so no
sweat, folks can use that one.

If you want to use the reflecter at coral.yi.org, here are the
particulars:

connect to coral.yi.org:4084 for the reflecter.
connect to coral.yi.org:2074 for the echo server.  (this is a good way
to test your speak freely without disturbing others).
The reflecter's  web page is at http://coral.yi.org/speakup.html
the look whose listening web page is at http://coral.yi.org/lwl.html
The look whose listening server itself is at coral.yi.org.

You can connect to the reflecter at gene3.ait.iastate.edu:4074 by
substituting gene3.ait.iastate.edu for the coral.yi.org info above.

as I said, we intend to run both the reflecter at
gene3.ait.iastate.edu:4074 and the one at coral.yi.org:4084
simultaneously.  The reflecters do * NOT * comunicate with each other,
so conecting to one of the reflecters will * NOT * give you access to
people on the other reflecter.  So you'll have to try the web pages or
the look whose listening servers for both sites to see who is on on each
reflecter.  This is slightly inconvenient, but it does mean that if one
reflecter is inaccessible for some reason, the other one will be
available.

Again, my thanks to Mr. Watson for hosting a paralell reflecter, and I
hope more of you will show up on our reflecters.

Linux users can checkout our special version of the Speak Freely program
fromthe cvs server at linux-speakup.org.  Windows users can get a
windows version of Speak Freely from the pub/linux/goodies directory on
linux-speakup.org.

Have a great day, and thanks for using our services.

Gene Collins