How do I install port audio?

gena-j at bulldoghome.com gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Thu Jun 29 06:12:10 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:20:18PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
> As I remember from when I installed portaudio from source I just needed to
> run the configure script, then run make and finally mak install (e.g.
> commands would be
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> ). When you say the configure script doesn't work, what do you mean? Is it
> not set with permissions to execute? If so try making it executable with
> "chmod 755 ./configure". Or is it
> bringing up errors when run? If so what does the errors say? As I remember
> some versions did have some problems with the configure script (in one case
> end of line characters used by a different OS that bash did not understand,
> I think not executable, but I thought the actual release version of
> portaudio v18.1 (not cvs snapshot) was correct).

Thanks, yes that's it, I'd tried running the configure script after setting permissions etc.  But I couldn't understand what was going on.  But it's the end of line character.  Oh silly me not spotting it.  Now I've just got to find the utility to convert the files.

./configure
-bash: ./configure: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Thanks

Gena

> From
> Michael Whapples
>
> gena-j at bulldoghome.com writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I wondered if anyone could give me any pointers how to build and install
> > port audio?  I've downloaded portaudio_v18_1.zip and unzipped it.  I can
> > see an index.html which instructs on running some tests but I don't
> > understand how to install it.  There's an configure file but that doesn't
> > want to work and there's not a INSTALL file to read.  I know some of you
> > have installed port audio so wondered how installation was accomplished
> > from source.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Gena
> >
> > --