How do I install port audio?

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Jun 28 16:20:18 EDT 2006

As I remember from when I installed portaudio from source I just needed to
run the configure script, then run make and finally mak install (e.g.
commands would be
./configure
make
make install
). When you say the configure script doesn't work, what do you mean? Is it
not set with permissions to execute? If so try making it executable with
"chmod 755 ./configure". Or is it
bringing up errors when run? If so what does the errors say? As I remember
some versions did have some problems with the configure script (in one case
end of line characters used by a different OS that bash did not understand,
I think not executable, but I thought the actual release version of
portaudio v18.1 (not cvs snapshot) was correct).

From
Michael Whapples