packet sniffers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Jun 20 05:47:21 EDT 2006

I've had two different instances of them put on this system in the last 3
days.  I know this because I have chkrootkit installed and I read the
email chkrootkit generates.  The last install of packet sniffer didn't
take more than an hour to accomplish either.  Other than removing dhclient
and reinstalling it and changing all passwords on the system what else
needs to be done to get a better control over this problem.  I leave the
system on and logged into a user account only since I'm downloading
podcasts with it during the day while I'm away from the system.