Some issues with the ibmtts output module of speech-dispatcher

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jun 10 15:29:38 EDT 2006

Gary Cramblitt writes:
> On Monday 05 June 2006 14:47, Garrett Klein wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > 	Here are some things I've noted while using the ibmtts output module in
> > the latest cvs speech-dispatcher. Some of these may not be correctable, as
> > I'm used to Eloquence on the other operating system.
> >
> > 3. Most annoyingly, the module crashes. There are various
> > things it chokes on, chiefly the grave accent symbol. I've also seen it
> > choke on wikipedia search pages.

It would be helpful to document as many of these as we can. I do forward
them to IBM as we come across them, so please feel free to send to me.

Some other chokers:

caesure
vim-common-6.4.007-4

The engine also has the annoying "feature" of expanding acronyms, quite
inappropriately, imho. My favorite malapropism for the numerous ones on
ibmtts is how it says cd, as though I were measuring foot candles!
<grin>

Janina