Fedora 5: Specifying Synthesizer for Speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jun 10 11:51:14 EDT 2006

You don't say how you tried to load your DEC Talk, but a simply modprobe
from a root login will do the trick.

The correct method is to create a new /boot/initrd-[version].img as
described in the INstallation HOWTO for FC3.

There's no reason to avoid the latest kernel on SpeakupModified.Org. If
there are unsatisfied dependencies, just install with yum as follows:

yum install [kernel.rpm]

Yum will satisfy any missing dependencies in the process.

Janina