Some issues with the ibmtts output module of speech-dispatcher

Justin Ekis jekis at ntelos.net
Mon Jun 5 18:52:45 EDT 2006

Hi Garrett,

Where did you find the ibmtts runtime for download? I know it's included
in the ttsynth software, but there doesn't seem to be a way to purchase
it on their web site as of yet.
I'm really looking forward to trying this out. That demo file sounds
just like eloquence. To me nothing has ever sounded quite as good as
that synth.

You mentioned wanting more noticeable inflection. Have you tried any of
the other software speech options, and would you say the inflection is
better than some of them? Is it not as good as eloquence? That's the top
thing that sets eloquence above all software speech I've tried on linux
and I'd be disappointed if that wasn't the case here.