State of accessibility in linux

Ricky Enger renger at carolina.rr.com
Sun Jun 4 10:43:07 EDT 2006

Hi Marcel,
Orca is designed quite differently than Gnopernicus, and its major
advantage is that there is almost no learning curve involved in terms
of being able to use the screen reader.  Orca speaks most information
automatically, and if there is a need for using flat review, you can
activate it with a single keystroke.  At that point, the keystrokes
for reviewing are much like those in Speakup.
Right now, web browsing is still a bit cumbersome, but everything
else works quite well.  GAIM, Star/OpenOffice, email, file browsing,
system administration tools, the list goes on and on.

To get more info about Orca, visit
http://www.gnome.org/projects/orca/

Ricky