building the linux-2.6.17.7 kernel with speakup

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Mon Jul 31 18:14:15 EDT 2006

Hi, I have sucessfully patch and got rid of the orag files in the kernel
source tree.  Possibley this is something that the next version of the
checkout script could do.  My question is I want to build the 2.6.17.7
kernel now I use debian 3.1 sarge and am using the netinstall iso to install
it.  It is running 2.4.27-2speakup What can I do to carry the configuration
over with as little work as possible to the new 2.6.17.7 patched with
speakup.  It would really be nice if speakup was included in the main kernel
source.