speakup serial ports

chuckh at hhs48.com chuckh at hhs48.com
Fri Jul 28 15:15:52 EDT 2006

Hi Kirk,

Thanks. But now we have a dead system, so CPR measures are in order.
Fortunately the user has a grml disk to rescue things with, so I think
we can unscramble his eggs this time.

I see from the boot messages that speakup is already up and talking when
the PCI slots are scanned and configured, so it's no wonder ttyS4 did
not work.

Ain't computers fun?

Chuck

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:12:24PM -0400, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> We only check 0 through four but actually we check the addresses
> allocated to those ports so if you can get your seperate chard to sit
> in the 0 through four address space you'd be okay.
>
>   Kirk
>
> --
>
> Kirk Reiser				The Computer Braille Facility
> e-mail: kirk at braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
> phone: (519) 661-3061

Get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
  and remember, INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE!