best linux version to use that is up to date now that fedora core is no longer being updated with speakup

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Mon Jul 24 16:08:23 EDT 2006

This depends on what you mean by 'best'.  Each distribution has its
own emphasis, although they pretty much all have some common
elements.  What are you looking for in your Linux system?  A well
balanced system that you can add things to?  A system with the largest
selection of precompiled programs?  A system to use for a few selected
servers?  A system you compile from scratch so that everything runs as
efficiently as possible on your given piece of hardware?  More details
about your system requirements/wants would be helpful.

My personal choice is Slackware, but you might want something
different.

Let us all know what you are looking for, and have a great day.