fsck error?

Tyler Littlefield compgeek13 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:33:22 EDT 2006

Hello list,
I have a question.
I just reinstalled linux.
When I do anything... I get a fsck error with a newly compiled kernel.
It tells me that I could enter the root password to boot into single user mode or something, or press ctrl+d to continue.
I hit ctrl+d, and log in as root, and I still do not see eth0. when I do ifup, I don't see it there either. it says it can't bring it up.
I can't do e2fschk or what ever that command was (I had it written down) I don't have the package I guess... (will that fix this problem?). It says that it was an invalid command.
Any help is really appriciated.
I need to get this going, so I can get espeak installed, and get off of my grandma's comp all the time.
Thanks,
~~TheCreator~~
website:
http://tysplace.shaned.net