laptops with serial ports

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Jul 18 21:21:48 EDT 2006

* Alex Snow <alex_snow at gmx.net> wrote:

> I've had nothing but trouble with grml...booted it up with software
> speech on my old dell laptop and another slightly newer inspiron and
> the sound drivers were pretty much broken (speech worked, but every
> few words I'd hear a loud crackling noise).  Also tried booting it on
> a compaq proliant and got a kernel panic saying htere was no root
> device.  Booting it up on my athlon box gave no speech at all even
> though both the onboard sound and second pci soundcard are supported
> by linux.

I'd be glad if you could send bug reports to us (the grml-team). If
you don't report them we don't have a chance to fix them. ;)
See http://grml.org/bugs/ for further information regarding
bug-reporting.

thx && regards,
-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins