hardware design issues and questions

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Jul 18 18:32:36 EDT 2006

You don't need to buy a barebone kit.  Doing that just makes a bit
easier since you get case/motherboard/psu.  Just make sure the case
you buy fits the motherboard you get.  Like if you buy a standard atx
case, bet a standard atx motherboard, or a mini-atx case with mini-atx
motherboard.

No, hard disks don't come with ribbon cables (at least all the ones
I've gotten haven't).  The cables usually come with your motherboard.
On
Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 04:11:00PM -0600, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
>     Hello list,
> I'm designing a computer off of tiger direct.
> I have a quick question.
> Do I have to buy a barebone kit? or... can I buy a case?
> I was told that I had to buy a case designed specifically for the motherboard.
> Also, does a hd when you buy it come with IDE cables?
> thanks,
> ~~TheCreator~~
> website:
> http://tysplace.shaned.net
> msn:
> compgeek134 at hotmail.com
> aim:
> st8amnd2005
> skype:
> st8amnd127
> moo coder/wizard and administrator

Actually, typing random strings in the Finder does the equivalent of
filename completion.
	-- Discussion on file completion vs. the Mac Finder