private vs. public IP addresses

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Jul 14 12:23:15 EDT 2006

The 3 blocks of reserved IPs I know of are 10.x.x.x,
172.16.0.0-172.32.255.255 and 192.168.x.x.  These are labeled class a,
b, and c respectively.  This is defined in some rfc I just forget
which one.  There might be other IPs scattered around that are
reserved for LANs, but those are the only 3 large blocks I know of.
On