Finally installed Wine but there are problems

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Sun Jul 9 10:33:31 EDT 2006

Hello all,
Now I have installed Wine but there are problems when it comes to configuration. winecfg requires X. I tried running it with Gnopernicus but Gnopernicus goes completely silent.
I downloaded Window-Eyes 5.5 Demo and ran it. I have to run it from an X console. I simply type:
wine we55demo.exe
After that I get three click sounds and Window-Eyes comes up with a prerecorded message that before the Window-Eyes can continue, your system needs to be restarted. Well, I have run this two times but still the same thing.
Suppose I'll need someone sighted to set the configurations in Wine then.
Many thanks,
Christian