Wine and Speakup

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Jul 8 09:32:15 EDT 2006

I haven't tried it myself, but I know people (sited ones) who have
gotten some apps to work in it but it's pretty flaky.  An app that
works in one version might break in the next.  No idea how a
screenreader would like running under it but you might have problems
there.  Also you need a working xwindows desktop running to use wine I
believe...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at
02:53:25PM +0200, Christian wrote:
> Hello all,
> Yesterday I come across a project called Wine which will let you run Windows applications under Linux. Hadn't time to read more about it will do that later today. But just wondering if anyone has tried it?
> All the best,
> Christian

The most important design issue... is the fact that Linux is supposed to
be fun...
	-- Linus Torvalds at the First Dutch International Symposium on Linux