kernel code?

tyler compgeek13 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 04:14:45 EST 2006

Hay,
I just got the latest code for the kernel.
I have a question,
I am trying to add some stuff, and make some programs that use some
functions in the kernel. I was looking at the kernel and am able to
understand what it does (with the functions and stuff) I get it, but, how do
you know where the functions and data types and structures are that you
want? I just don't know where to find everything that I need to code what I
want. I can code it, that is no problem for me, its just the tracking it
down. I haven't ever had something this big on my hands, and when I look at
all the files, they make some sense, but it looks a bit confusing as to what
does what, and where I should put what when I code it.

Also, when I type make, I get the following errors.
well. I got the error that there was no .config file, so I just created a
blank, because I didn't want to deal with it.
Do I have to write a file? if so, does someone know where I could get a
template on how/where to?
Also, upon compilation, will it compile for the computer I am on? I want it
to be cross-compatible.
Last thing. If I do get a successfull make, it won't replace the current
kernel will it?
Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield.
Check out our website:
http://tysplace.the-leetest.net
check out my blog:
livejournal.com/~tylerrl
[my programs don't have bugs, just randomly added features]
[failure is not an option, it comes bundled with windows!]