Mutt question

Dan Murphy danmint at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 15:32:23 EST 2006

thanks.  that worked great, now I need to know if there's anything
"debian-specific" to get outgoing mail to work.
To be honest, exim4 completely baffles me.
I can get fetchmail to poll my pop3 server and pull in the mail but I
don't even get errors back when I try to send through Mutt.
also I notice that after exiting the edotor to compose the message I'm put
in that Mutt thing where it shows the to, cc and other fields, but the
from field is always blank.
I really like some aspects of Debian Linux, but I wish there was a "debian
for dummies", or equivalent.
I have gotten browsers to work, and I installed Ncftp, but email remains
elusive.