ssh and editor?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 25 17:20:08 EST 2006

When I tried the client below i got no speach. It doesn't work any better
for me than putty did.  I think that you can create a config script for any
application run under JAWS and you could make it work a lot better.

But I use openssh. It runs in a command window so you don't have to putz
with JAWS. It works pretty well in terms of echoing what you type and
echoing what appears on the screen. For instance,if you press enter, it
will read the prompt. If you do an ls, it will read the file list.  The
biggest problem is cutting text to the clipboard.  It's very difficult to
mmmark text in a command window.  First you put it into mmark mode by
pressing Alt+Space,e,k. Then you have use the mouse cursor. The JAWS cursor
doesn't work.  There may be ways to fix all this but that is for another list.

Still, openssh works better than putty.