OT: UPS question

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Mon Jan 23 19:43:16 EST 2006

You're assuming that the electronics in the UPS is running at 100%
efficiency, using no power of its own.  Unfortunately, the UPS
circuitry uses (or wastes) some power, and its power usage is not
completely dependent on the power being consumed by external devices
(computers, etc.).  This is the nature of electronic circuitry, and
you might not be able to escape the problem without opening a portal
into another universe (or something equally unlikely).  If you really
want long-term use of your system while the main power is off, you
might look into setting up a generator power source...but that is
definitely getting off topic here.

HTH, and have a _great_ day!