OT: UPS question

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Jan 23 04:48:48 EST 2006

Lorenzo,

You are correct. I have a small unit that powers only my tower,
modem/router, and synthesizer, which gives me only 4.5 minutes when
power fails. But if I let it see only the peripherals for a while, it
reports it can handle them for an hour or so. The software that monitors
the state of the UPS reports its current charge state and gives an
estimate of how long the current load can be sustained in the absence of
power input. It also can gracefully shut your system down and bring it
up again if you have ACPI enabled in the kernel.

So take the web postings with a grain of salt.

Chuck

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 01:26:03AM -0500, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh