back again

Dan Murphy danmint at verizon.net
Sun Jan 22 07:40:02 EST 2006

Hi chuck.
Ok I went and did all that, but for some reason I had to edit lilo.conf
manually to get it pointing to the correct kernel image in /boot.
I also got the debian reference manual but when trying to get the rutebook
package, apt-get said it was "referenced by another package", so I'm not
sure what that's all about.
I think part of the lilo problem had to do ith the fact that when I did
the initial install I let it install grub, having forgotten that I could
say no to it since I had a perfectly good boot disk to use.
So far, so good, but I think it's time to do a little more reading.
I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.