help with install of debian and speakup!?

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sun Jan 15 19:41:14 EST 2006

The linux utilities are called "fromdos" and "todos" but they are in a
package called sysutils which you have to get with apt-get also.

You know what I would do if I were you? I would start over again with a
fresh install of Debian making sure I could get speech right out of the
Debian box from the get-go.

What CD did you use? Is it the speakup modified net-install disk
everyone else uses? What hardware synth do you have to put on your
Debian box?

You can install Debian using speech and without sighted assistance, by
starting like this once your installation disk reaches the boot prompt:

speakup speakup_synth=ltlk

where ltlk stands for the litetalk, or some other abbreviation if that
is what you have. Then carefully follow the instructions, and be sure to
pick "network install" instead of "install from CD" when the question
arises.

It's no big deal to start over. Look at what you've already learned
doing what you have done. Next time will be a snap.

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh